There are more than one areas that shall be considered before finalizing the right and experienced attorney while operating in complex and highly dynamic markets of UAE. You will need their services more often than not, not because it is going to be a legal case where either you or the other party will be on the back foot.
Trends have changed as Dubai lawyers are not only offering services that are limited to one court case and trials, there are other areas where they can help, like business registration, legal documentation, preparation of partnership deeds, will and other similar documents and their attestation, all are offered by modern day attorneys.
UAE is a country that thrives on its strict laws and regulation be it the family laws, criminal laws or the corporate laws. Anyone who wants to live in this country of magnificent beauties needs to respect and abide by all the laws otherwise the situation can be dodgy.
Below are some of the commercial laws that can be handy for anyone if he/she goes through them once.
This law is also known as the business law and it includes the corporate law as well. This law as the name shows governs commercial and all business related transactions. It deals with private as well as the public law issues. It is important to consult those advocates in Dubai who are expert in commercial law in a case of any problem.
Law of foreign investment:
This law helps to lower and remove all the obstacles that stand in the way of investment be it the foreign investment or local. It eases the procedures of licensing, registration and investment. Tax, exemptions, guarantees, rights and obligations of foreign investors are looked after in this law.
This law is developed and foreseen as the one that frees the economy from those effects that lower its efficiency, and monopolies. This law was developed by keeping the recommendations of the world trade organization which were based on the trade policy of the country.
Certificate of origin:
This purpose of this law is the organization of legislations that relate certificate of origin rules which are created on progress shown in the area. It allows the ministry of the economy the authority to impose fines on those who are involved in showing fake certificates, documents, and data.
Federal law on commercial companies:
Advocates in Dubai state this law related to commercial companies helps all the firms and organizations to come up with a general framework for corporate related governance so that the shareholder’s rights are protected, financial data is revealed, transparency is achieved and the board of director’s efficiency is increased.
If you are not a native in Dubai, you must be careful and watch the legal obligations closely. Do not play with fire intentionally or unintentionally. Coming out of the vicious circle may not be an easy task, especially when one is not familiar with the local language, culture and legal settings.
Things may go out of control and soon one may realize that the doors that open to the way backward are sealed forever. Things may not be as positive or bright for one then, let alone business the real challenge then for one is to come out of the legal interrogations and court trials which may not be easy all the time to cope with.
Dubai law has been reported by many foreigners and legal experts to be on stricter and firmer side. To be honest, when you study it thoroughly, clause and states are more or less the same, it is just that little or no knowledge that one may have which may turn things in confusion by pushing them into further complicated zones.
Some very common legal clauses at a glimpse:
- Dual Nationality: If you are a person with dual nationality, UAE is not the right place for you, the legal system her does not permit this. If caught one may face serious charges and in many cases, one may be deported as well.
- Identification Card: Without this one simply cannot move around UAE with ease. By law one must have it to avoid unwanted pullovers and checked by law enforcement agencies, to know more about this you may visit eida.ae.
- Custom prohibitions: Like any other country, the customs restrictions enforced by the UAE officials are also against the usage and supplying and carrying weapons or other restricted products that may be considered against Dubai law.
- Alcohol intake and smoking: Like any other civilized country’s legal system, UAE legal framework is also very much on the stricter side when it comes to enforce the legal proceedings and ensure that people do not carry out activities that involve alcohol, smoking and drugs. The results can be lethal as the law here is extra strict when it comes to these breaches.
- Un-honored Cheques and Bills: You must ensure that the cheque you are giving away is connected with your bank account that holds funds, if the cheque bounces you are in trouble, missing out the bill payment dates regularly may also initiate legal proceedings.
- Traffic laws: I will try to keep it simple… The laws here are stricter when it comes to traffic so one must ensure that he stay miles away from such troubles. Rta.ae website is the best resource for further knowledge on this.